Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Everything's Relative

Sunday I went for a bike ride. A really, really long one (for me anyway). About 26 miles or so, according to Lanny. I haven't done 26 miles on a bike for at least 5 years. Maybe more. I probably haven't done that much riding since before Jasper was born, come to think of it. Of course, getting home was all uphill, and I lagged way behind Lanny. My poor little butt hurt a heck of a lot by the end of the ride, and I was really wishing I had worn the biking shorts with the cushy inserts. I was pretty creaky and feeling a little rough around the edges and out of shape.

Today, however, I went to yoga. I go to yoga two or three times a week, and I've been doing that for a couple of years now. It's a tough class that, four years ago when I first started taking classes from this instructor, I would almost black out from lack of oxygen. Now I think it is pretty easy.

Just goes to show that everything is relative. Some things you are good at, other things maybe not so good. Don't expect to be great at everything. You just keep trying and eventually you reach the top of the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment