Thursday, August 5, 2010

I am SO not ready. But that's OK.

This weekend is the Hartford Breast Cancer ride to raise money to help breast cancer patients and to fund further research for a cure. Saturday, we'll be riding about 52 miles, and Sunday about 60 miles. I have not biked more than 50 miles in a single day since I was in my 20s. And I have not biked as much this summer (not anywhere near as much) as I should have to prepare for this. In fact, my longest ride all summer was 35 miles.

I have a feeling that I will be OK on Saturday, but that bicycle seat will feel pretty darned hard on Sunday morning! But you know what? This should be a breeze compared to chemotherapy and surgeries. There are women who will be doing this ride who are in the midst of treatment right now. If they can do it, I sure as heck am not going to complain. And if I do, you have permission to chide me mercilessly.

I'm within $100.00 of my fund-raising goal, and our team is within about $300.00 of our team goal! Thanks to everyone who has donated so far! Your support is very much appreciated. I will try to remember your words of encouragement when I'm grinding gears up a long hill into the wind!

Go Team Lucky Life!


No comments:

Post a Comment